Charleston County microbusinesses can apply for up to $25,000 in COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Funds. This is the second round of funding from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. The application deadline is December 9, 2022. In March, Charleston County Council approved this funding to assist “mom and pop” businesses adversely impacted by the pandemic.
Eligible applicants include:
• Businesses with a primary physical location within Charleston County.
• For-profit businesses which were in operation prior to March 16, 2019.
• Businesses with 10 or fewer employees and annual revenue under $500,000 dollars.
• Businesses that received the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) are eligible to apply provided that the business meets the grant guidelines.
• Businesses must remain located in the county and not sell the business for at least one year after receipt of grant funds.
Eligible businesses must be in good standing with Charleston County Government and the Secretary of State. They must also be able to provide documentation that the business income suffered due to COVID-19. There will be several in-person and virtual workshops for applicants to attend.
• Monday, November 21, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Register: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=mo4jh4ebb&oeidk=a07ejgkgb1tddaa0cc8.
In-Person Workshops located at 4045 Bridge View Drive, North Charleston 29405 on the third floor in room B339.
• Thursday, December 1, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Registration is not required for the in-person workshop.
For more information regarding requirements, eligibility, and the application head to https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/hnr/mbpreliefprog.php.
For information on Charleston County Government news and services, visit our website at www.charlestoncounty.org.